Immigration- Work Visa Lawyers
There are many types of visas available for people who desire to come and work in the U.S. We have helped both individuals and employers obtain various types work visas as professionals, professors, athletes, and performers. We are experienced attorneys who make the work easy for the professionals and their employers. We have extensive experience helping employers and individuals attain employment-related visas, including:
- H-1B – For professional workers with specialized knowledge (e.g., engineers, IT workers). The H-1B status provides the opportunity to legally live and work in the US for a total of 6 consecutive years, and entitles the spouse and children (under the age of 21) to accompany the worker and legally live in the USA on an H-4 visa.
- H-2B – For temporary nonagricultural workers (ski resorts, landscaping)
- TN (Trade NAFTA) – For Canadians and Mexicans in professional and semi-professional occupations
- L-1 – For workers from other countries who are transferring to a U.S. location of their employer. The L-1 visa is a good way for small or start-up companies overseas to expand their business and services to the U.S.
- P-1 – For internationally recognized entertainers, performers, and athletes who come to the U.S. temporarily to engage in performances or competitions.
- O-1 – For people with outstanding ability sciences, arts, education, business, or athletics. O-1 status is unique in that it applies to more types of work than other visa categories, such as H or L.
These processes have certain complexities and potential difficulties, and both the employer and employee have a lot at stake in the process. Small mistakes in this process can lead to serious consequences. Every employment-based immigration application should be handled with serious care and attention.
We also assist individuals in the pursuit of employment-related green cards so that they can continue to build a life here in the United States.
More Than 25 Years Of Combined Experience Working To Fight For Our Clients
At Preston & Brar LLC, our attorneys offer our clients skill, experience and dedication to securing the resolution they need to their immigration issues. We understand the need both employees and employers have for highly effective guidance that can help them effectively navigate all aspects of the work visa process. Our employee clients are committed to remaining in the United States, and we are happy to help them fulfill that desire. For employers, we understand that each employee represents a skill set that may be difficult to duplicate. Let us help you through your work visa challenges.