Deferred Action Attorneys
For young people who are in the country illegally, day-to-day life can be extremely stressful. At a time when you should be most concerned with building your future, you are living with the risk of being deported for a part of your past you had no control over – how you came to the United States.
Deferred Action for Childhood Arrivals (DACA), also known as the Dream Act, allows people who were brought to this country illegally as minors to defer the possibility of being deported for two years. DACA also allows these people to procure a work permit. DACA has very specific requirements:
- Applicant was under 31 years of age on June 15, 2012
- Applicant was brought to the U.S. before his or her 16th birthday
- Applicant must have resided in the U.S. for five continuous years immediately prior to June 15, 2012
- Applicant must have been physically present in the U.S. on June 15, 2012, and on date of application for deferred action
- Applicant must currently be in high school, graduated high school, earned GED, or is an honorably discharged veteran of the United States Armed Forces or Coast Guard
- Applicant cannot have a criminal record that contains a conviction for a felony, significant misdemeanor, or three or more other misdemeanors
- Applicant cannot pose a threat to national security or public safety
More Than 25 Years Of Combined Experience Working To Fight For Our Clients
At Preston & Brar LLC, we are dedicated to helping people secure the benefits of DACA. The possibility of living free from fear of deportation provides a major sense of security. Being able to work legally is another strong benefit of DACA. Ensuring that all appropriate paperwork is well-handled can add to your peace of mind. Our attorneys have extensive immigration experience that we rely on to help our clients secure the outcomes they deserve.
Contact The Salt Lake City Dream Act Attorneys Of Preston & Brar LLC
Understanding how deferred action applies to your situation can be the beginning of a better future. Turn to the skilled and experienced immigration lawyers of Preston & Brar LLC. To schedule a free initial consultation, call us at 801-269-9541 or 801-577-1988 (cell) or contact us online.